Portability-Process & Forms

Portability is the ability of a family to move from one Housing Authority’s jurisdiction to another location. If you want to consider using the portability option, you must inform your current Housing Authority of your intent, and complete the “portability request form”. The receiving Housing Authority will decide if they will administer your assistance either by absorbing you into their program, or by billing your current Housing Authority for your assistance. (We are currently billing for our port in families). There may be some areas of the country that you will not be able to transfer to.  You will need to check with your current Housing Authority to get help in identifying these areas.

The receiving housing authority’s administrative plan will determine your occupancy standards, or bedroom size, and their fair market rent or payment standard will apply. Your current Housing Authority determines how many days notice they will require for your intent to move. We require a thirty (30) days notice. You must also give the owner proper written notice as specified by your lease and provide your current Housing Authority with a copy of the notice.

For proper delivery of  your port documents please provide the following information to your case manager:

Seminole County Housing Authority                                       PHA Code/HUD ID#: FL033

Phone Number: 407-365-3621                                                   Fax Number: 407-359-2576

Address: 662 Academy Place  Oviedo, FL 32765

Last names between D-M assigned case manager is J. Micheal; jmichael@scha-fla.org; extension 808

Last names between N-Z assigned case manager is B. Vallellanes; bvallellanes@scha-fla.org; extension 804

Last names between A-C and VASH participants assigned case manager is J. Gosen; jgosen@scha-fla.org;extension 805

You will need to contact our office to confirm receipt of your port package and to be registered for a port in briefing. Our briefings are normally scheduled for Thursday mornings. All individuals’ 18 and older must be present. Because of the limited space children are not allowed at the briefing.  Our briefings cover the essentials that you need to successfully find a unit within our jurisdiction. You must arrive at 8:30 with the following 2 packages completed:

Briefing Package #1

Briefing Package #2

Be sure to go through the check list provided in package #1 and bring photo id’s, birth certificates and social security cards for all household members. Failure to arrive on time or with the requested information and completed documents will result in being scheduled to the next available briefing.

Once a port family has moved into a new unit we require the family to remain in our jurisdiction for at least one year unless there are unusual circumstances, as determined by us. We do require that the participant and landlord agree, in writing, mutually to terminate the lease.

Repayment Agreement

If a participant owes money to a Housing Authority, the participant must sign a repayment agreement to pay back any amounts owed.  Any repayment agreement must be completely paid before porting to another jurisdiction.

Voucher Size-Subsidy

Be advised that SCHA policy on determining voucher size/subsidy is two heart beats per room regardless of age or gender. The voucher size will determine the payment standard. Example: family of 4 will be issued a 2 bedroom voucher which equals a 2 bedroom payment standard. SCHA will however allow the family to rent a larger unit that they qualify for.



Higher Median Income Areas

32708 Winter Springs
32746 Lake Mary
32750 Longwood
32751 Maitland
32765 Oviedo
32766 Oviedo
32779 Longwood


Payment Standards for area of Higher Median Income:

0 Bedroom Efficiency $885
1 Bedroom $954
2 Bedroom $1,131
3 Bedroom $1,497
4 Bedroom $1,729
5 Bedroom $1,989


All other Areas


0 Bedroom Efficiency $839
1 Bedroom $904
2 Bedroom $1071
3 Bedroom $1,418
4 Bedroom $1,691
5 Bedroom $1,945